The Xaar Proton printhead is a premium quality, wide-swathe (53.7 mm) printhead which delivers outstanding print quality in two drop volume options.
The binary 35 and 60 picolitres variants deliver the best combination of throughput and print quality for a range of applications, including wide-format graphics and coding marking. The Xaar Proton delivers excellent and consistent print performance enabling users to achieve high print quality without compromising on speed.
Outstanding print quality
- Two native drop volume options deliver the best combination of throughput and print quality for a range of applications
- Individually lasered nozzles for better nozzle uniformity and more accurate drop placement and formation
- Internal temperature sensing and automatic voltage compensation ensure high reliability and consistent drop volume
- Waveforms for Xaar-approved inks are tuned for optimised jetting performance.
- Intelligent on-board electronics enable simple integration and installation
- Luer-lockable ink fittings and lockable electrical connections for easy, accurate and secure installation
- Two ink ports offer a range of ink supply configurations for ease of priming and maintenance.
- High firing frequency, delivering fast and useable linear speeds
- Can deliver throughput equivalent to a printhead with a larger nozzle count.
- Latest nozzle processing techniques deliver better print quality and longer throw distances
- Chevron actuator design gives high efficiency and consistent drop formation, resulting in outstanding print quality
- Printhead stores multiple waveforms for different fluid types, applications and print characteristics
- Low energy drop ejection enables efficient drop formation with high drop placement accuracy.
Low cost of ownership
- Robust printhead casing protects against costly accidental mechanical, electrical and chemical damage
- Integrated internal filter increases product lifetime by protecting actuator and nozzles from contamination
- Recessed nozzle plate protects against printhead damage caused by media crash or other mechanical impact.
The Xaar Proton printhead delivers outstanding print quality in two drop volume options, which offers the best combination of throughput and print quality for a range of applications, including:
- Coding & marking
- Wide-format graphics
- Outdoor signage
- Indoor graphics.
|Xaar Proton 35||Xaar Proton 60|
|Print swathe width||53.7 mm||53.7 mm|
|Nozzle pitch||141 μm||141 μm|
|Drop velocity*||5 m/s||5 m/s|
|Nozzle density||180 npi||180 npi|
|Printhead weight (dry)||120 g||120 g|
|Ink type||Solvent, UV, Oil-based||Solvent, UV, Oil-based|
|Drop volume*||35 pl||60 pl|
|Typical firing frequency||9.5 kHz||7 kHz|
* Dependent on ink used and system integration