For years the Xaar 128 printhead set the industry standard by offering a consistent, simple and highly flexible inkjet solution for a variety of applications across the coding & marking and wide-format graphics industries. The Xaar 128 printhead is available in two drop volume variants (40 pl and 80 pl) and is compatible with a range of UV, solvent and oil-based inks.
Light and powerful
- Compact footprint, light carriage and weighing only 15.5 g, it is ideal for applications where weight is a key design requirement
- Up to 8.3 kHz firing frequency
- Available in two drop-size variants (40 pL and 80 pL)
- Robust and cost effective solution
- 185 dpi (native) printhead resolution.
Easy to integrate
- Adaptable across multiple digital print markets
- Compatible with an extensive range of oil-based, solvent-based and UV inks
- Simple electronic interface promoting quick and easy integration
- Wide operating latitude for lower cost inks.
The market leader
- Fast and critically cost effective route to market for both suppliers of digital inkjet technology and those wishing to enter the market to generate additional revenue streams.
The narrow print swathe, ink compatibility and ease of use of the Xaar 128 printhead mean it is extensively utilised for a diverse range of applications including:
- Coding & marking
- Wide-format graphics
- Indoor signage
- Outdoor graphics.
|Xaar 128 40||Xaar 128 80|
|Print swathe width||17.4 mm|
|Nozzle pitch||137.3 μm|
|Drop velocity*||6 m/s|
|Nozzle density||185 npi|
|Printhead weight (dry)||15.5 g|
|Fluid type||Solvent, UV, Oil-based|
|Drop volume*||40 pl||80 pl|
|Typical firing frequency||8.3 kHz||4.25-5.5 kHz|
* Dependent on ink used and system integration